|Remove||Item||Quantity × Price|
|Your cart is empty|
Frequently Asked Questions
Will you be open during the lockdown?
- Only for collection at the door. We will not be allowing anyone to enter the shop to browse, or for demonstrations. We’re hoping to produce some online content to give you an idea of some of the games we have in stock, and to keep the Shop Blog regularly updated. As we are a UPS Access Point, we will be on site for our usual trading hours, 10am – 5.30pm Tuesday – Saturday and 11am – 4pm Sunday.
Can we stop by and say hi if we’re not shopping?
- Best not. We really appreciate the support, and we will miss talking to all of you, but the situation is serious, and the safety of the general public must come first. Just a quick, socially distanced hello while you pick up your stuff. Also, we strongly recommend that you only come to pick up if you are coming in to town for other reasons – don’t make a special journey. We are happy to deliver locally.
Where do you deliver to?
- We don’t want to overload the postal services at this time, so we’re going to hand deliver to our closest customers. If you are in the CM1 or CM2 postcode areas we will deliver free of charge.
What about CM3?
- We thought about it, but when we looked on a map, we found that CM3 is absolutely huge, and might be difficult for us to cover consistently. So instead we came up with what we call Local Plus.
What’s Local Plus?
- We will deliver within a radius of 10(ish) miles of Chelmsford, for a small fee of £2 to cover our fuel costs. Local Plus goes as far as Braintree and Gt Dunmow to the north, Rayleigh and Brentwood to the south, Maldon to the east and Chipping Ongar to the west. If you are between them and us, we’ll come to you!
My friends near me want to buy something too. Can we combine our deliveries?
- Great idea! We’re very happy to accommodate as it’ll make our lives easier as well. Just let us know ahead of time on [email protected] before you place your orders, and we’ll arrange delivery and payment.
What if we’re more than 10 miles away?
- We will deliver via courier throughout the UK if necessary, for a standard charge of £4. But first, you may want to check if there’s a Friendly Local Game Store closer to you. If you’re not sure, drop us a line and we’ll make enquiries. For example, there’s Board Game Hut in Westcliff-on-Sea, Gamers Nexus in Hadleigh and Dice and a Slice in Colchester. They’re all great shops and they’ll appreciate your support.
Okay, that’s the collect/deliver bit sorted. What about the click? Where do I shop?
- Our online store can be found at shop.counterculturegames.com. Choose your delivery / collection option from the drop down menu at “Shipping” in the Checkout process.
There are so many! I don’t know where to start! Can you make a recommendation?
- Yes we can, it’s something we take great pleasure in. But we will need to ask you a few questions about where and when you’ll be playing and who with. There’s not really any such thing as a bad game, just a game that doesn’t work for the setting. Some games are all about quietly strategizing, others are about bluffing or negotiation, others are about speed and observation. Feel free to email us or call us for a chat so we can make sure you get a game you will enjoy.
Keep an eye on the Shop Blog, where we hope to be posting a lot of content on the wide world of tabletop games, and showing off some of the titles we stock!